India, the South Asian country is the seventh largest country by area and the most populous democracy in the world. With over 1.2 billion Indians the Republic of India is the second most populated country in the world. In this post, we will discuss the superlatives of India, i.e. the largest, longest, tallest, biggest etc. of India.
Superlatives of India:
1. The longest river in India – The Ganga
2. The longest river bridge in India – Dhola-Sadiya Bridge/Bhupen Hazarika Setu (9,150 meter – Lohit river, Assam)
3. The largest lake in India – Walur Lake (Jammu &Kashmir)
4. The Indian State with the longest Coastline – Gujarat
5. The highest Lake – Devtal Lake (Uttarakhand)
6. The largest Saline water Lake in India – Chilka Lake (Odisha)
7. The Largest Freshwater Lake in India – Kolleru Lake (Andhra Pradesh)
8. The highest Dam in India – Tehri Dam on Bhagirathi river (Uttarakhand)
9. The largest Delta – Sunderbans (West Bengal)
10. Largest river basin in India – The Ganga basin (area – 8,61,452 sq km)
11. The highest waterfall in India – Kunchikal Falls in Karnataka (455-meter height)
12. Largest irrigation plant in India – Indira Gandhi Canal, PunjabSuperlatives of the World - Biggest, Longest, Largest, Tallest etc.
13. Largest State of India (by area) – Rajasthan (342,239 sq km)
14. Largest State of India (by population) – Uttar Pradesh, population = 199,581,477 (according to 2011 census)
15. The largest Indian Desert – Thar (Rajasthan)
16. The highest Indian peak – Godwin Austin/ K2 (8611m)Check Out the List of First Indians (male & female)
17. The largest cave temple in India – Kailash Temple (Elora, Maharashtra)
18. The largest Zoo in India – Zoological Garden (Kolkata)
19. The largest Indian Mosque – Jama Masjid (Delhi)
20. The longest tunnel in India – Chennai-Nasri tunnel (9.28 km)
21. The longest road/longest National highway in India – NH 44 (3745 km, from Srinagar to Kanyakumari)
22. The highest Gate Way – Buland Darwaza, Fatehpur Sikri (UP)
23. The largest Museum of India – Indian Museum, Kolkata
24. The largest dome in India – Gol Gombuz, Bijapur (Karnataka)
25. India’s tallest Statue – Statue of Lord Hanuman in Andhra Pradesh
26. The largest Public Sector Bank of India – The State Bank of India
27. The Longest Railway Platform – Gorakhpur (1355.4 m), U.P.
28. The longest Railway tunnel – Pir Panjal Rly Tunnel (J&K) 11.215 km
29. The biggest stadium – Yuva Bharati (Salt Lake) Stadium, Kolkata
30. The largest Planetarium – Birla Planetarium, Kolkata
31. The longest Canal – Indira Gandhi Canal/Rajasthan Canal
32. The longest Passenger train route – Dibrugarh to Kanyakumari
33. The largest animal fair in India – Sonepur (Bihar)
34. The largest Auditorium in India – Shammukhanand Hall (Mumbai)
General Knowledge: Firsts in the World (male & Female)
If I forget to mention any other important superlatives of India, dear readers, it’s my humble request please write down in the comment section below. Without your support One Xtra Paper is nothing. Contribute this blog to make it the best.
For now, goodbye my dear readers,
Best of luck.