The entire structure of a human being is the human body, consists of octillion number of cells, tissues and various types of organs. The human body is made of hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, calcium, and phosphorus. These elements reside in trillions of cells and non-cellular components of the body. However, the human body function is so complex and mysterious that you will be amazed at reading 50 amazing Human Body facts.
Amazing Human Body Facts:
1. We blink our eyes about 20,000 times a day.
2. Our brain sends a message at the rate of 375 km/h.
3. The stomach takes 20 minutes to tell the brain that it is full and that one should stop eating.
4. When we sneeze, air rushes through our nose at the rate of 156 km/h.
5. The average human brain has about 100 billion nerve cells.
6. The human heart produces enough pressure to squirt blood 900 cm.
7. The energy used by the human brain is enough to light a 25 Watt bulb.
8. If we placed end-to-end all our blood vessels, it would measure about 60,000 miles, or around the world nearly two and a half times.
9. The liver is the only major organ in the human body that can regenerate itself if any part of it is removed.
10. Our nose can remember 50,000 scents.
11. The strongest muscle in our body is the tongue.
12. The hardest bone is the jaw bone.
13. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our ears and nose never stop growing.
14. It is impossible to sneeze with open eyes.
15. Women blink twice as much as men.
16. A man has approximately 6.8 liters of blood in his body where a woman body consists of approximately 5 liters if blood.
17. Female egg is the largest cell in the human body and male sperm is the smallest.
18. The human brain is more active at night than during the day.
19. We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening.
20. The acid in our stomach is enough strong to dissolve zinc. As our stomach constantly renews its wall, the acid can’t destroy the stomach.
21. Every day an adult human produces 300 billion new cells.
22. Every minute about 300 million cells dies in a human body.
23. The cornea in the eye is the only part of human body that has no blood supply.
24. A human skeleton keeps renewing itself every ten years. Which means, every ten years we get a new skeleton.
25. Everyone has one strong eye and a weak eye.
26. Everyone has a unique smell, tongue print, and fingerprint.
27. During our lifetime, we all produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
28. 75% of a human body is water.
29. 80% of a human brain is water.
30. All babies are color blind at birth. They can see only black and white.
31. Except for fire, the human hair is extremely difficult to destroy, even with strong acids.
32. Your teeth had started growing 6 months before you were born.
33. The number of bacteria in a person’s mouth is equal to the number of people living on the Earth.
34. The human heart beats 35 million times a year.
35. An average person consumes about 32,000 kgs of food in a lifetime.
36. We spend about 5 years of our life just blinking.
37. There are 1,00,000 chemical reactions occur every second in our brain.
38. A human brain can read likely 1000 words per minute.
39. An adult human is made up of 7 octillion atoms.
40. Humans are the best long-distance runners on the planet.
41. A full head of human hair is strong enough to lift 12 tons weight.
42. In a single day, blood travels 12,000 miles around our body.
43. The outer layer of human skin sheds every two to four weeks.
44. If all the DNA of our body were uncoiled, it would stretch out to about 10 billion miles. This is the same distance from the Earth to Pluto and back.
45. A human brain doesn’t feel pain. It does not have any pain receptors.
46. A human brain can store 2.5 million Gigabytes of data and process information much faster than the world’s fastest supercomputer.
47. Human is the only living species that have emotional tears.
48. About 10,000 human cells can fit on the head of a pin.
49. Earwax is not a waste product in your ear. But necessary to make your ear healthy.
50. Your ears never stop hearing, even when you sleep. Your brain just ignores incoming sounds.
The human body is so complex and mysterious that even the most qualified scientists and doctors get confused to understand the body function. There are lots of amazing human body facts, we just write some of them to understand how mysterious our body is?
Hope you enjoyed this post. If you want to share any amazing human body facts, write down in the comment section below.