One Word Substitutions in competitive exams (especially in SSC CGL Tier-l and Tier-ll) is always an important topic to fetch questions from. It usually covers good marks in every exam. Check out the list of One Word Substitutions that are very important for all the government jobs examination like SSC-CGL, UPSC, IBPS PO/SO/CLERK, State PSC, RBI, Insurance etc. In this post, we will discuss some important one word substitutions start with F.
One word substitutions start with F
1. Fanatic – One, who is filled with excessive and mistaken enthusiasm in religious matter.
2. Fastidious – One, who is very attentive to details and concerned about accuracy. (CDS 2015)
3. Fauna – Animal of a region or time.
4. Fatalist – Who accepts all things and events as inevitable/ fate.
5. Fallacy – False or mistaken belief.
6. Feminist – A person who supports feminism.
7. Fiasco – A complete humiliating failure.
8. Fleet – A group of sheets.
9. Flea market – A market where old and used goods are sold. (WBCS 2008)
10. Flora – Vegetation of a region.
11. Fluke – Achieve something by luck rather than skill.
12. Fourth Estate – Influential (political) newspapers, magazines, televisions, or radio stations.
13. Fratricide – A person who kills their brother or sister.
14. Frenzy – Uncontrolled and excited behavior that is sometimes violent.
15. Frostbite – Injury to body tissues caused by exposure to extreme cold.
16. Freight – Goods carried in bulk by truck, train, ship, or aircraft.
17. Fugitive – One who runs away from justice or the law.
18. Fumigate – To disinfect by smoke.
These are some important one word substitutions start with F, if you have any suggestions regarding this list, please comment in the comment box given below.
Subscribe to OXP email newsletter for every new post update email to your inbox.