One Word Substitutions in competitive exams is always an important topic to fetch questions from. It usually covers good marks in every exam. Check out the list of One Word Substitutions that are very important for all the government jobs examination like SSC-CGL, UPSC, IBPS PO/SO/CLERK, State PSC, RBI, Insurance etc. In this post, we will discuss some important one word substitutions start with E.
One word substitutions start with E
1. Eccentric- A person of unconventional and slightly strange views or belief.
2. Eclogue – A short poem especially a pastoral dialogue.
3. Ecology – The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
4. Edible – That which is fit to be eaten.
5. Effeminate – A man having characteristics regarded as typical of a woman.
6. Efface – Rub or wipe out. (SSc CGL Mains 2015)
7. Egoist – A self-centered or selfish person.
8. Egoism – Selfishness./ The fact of being excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself.
9. Elegiac – Relating to or characteristic of an elegy.
10. Elegy – A song or poem is sung at the death of a person. (SSC CGL Mains 2015)
11. Etymology – Science relating to the formation and development of words.
12. Evergreen – Trees which have leaves all throughout the year.
13. Emetic– A medicine or other substance which causes vomiting.
14. Emeritus– A University professor having retired but allowed to retain their title as an honor.
15. Emigrant – Someone leaving his own country. (WBCS 1999)
16. Enduring – Lasting over a period of time./ Long lasting.
17. Enjoin – Instruct or urge someone to do something.
18. Ethnologist – One who studies the science of the human cultures, as in social structure, language, religion etc.
19. Entomologist – One who studies about insects.
20. Ephemeral – Lasting for only one day.
21. Epicenter – It is the point at which earthquake breakout.
22. Episcopacy – A government of a Church by bishops. (WBCS 2009)
23. Epicure– A person who is very fond of sensuous enjoyments.
24. Epidemic– A disease which attacks many people in a particular area at one time.
25. Equinox– When days and nights are equal. (21st March – 23 September)
26. Espionage – Practice of employing spies in war.
27. Explicit– Fully and clearly expressed
28. Extrovert – A person of outing nature. (WBCS 2014)
29. Exile – To banish from one’s country.
30. Extempore – A speech delivered without previous preparation.
- One word substitutions start with ‘A’
- One word substitutions start with ‘B’
- One word substitutions start with ‘C’
- One word substitutions start with ‘D’