In this post, we are going to learn some important common one word substitutions start with D. This one word substitution list is for enhancing your knowledge of English Vocabulary so that you can score better in exams.
One Word Substitutions start with D
1. Deist – One who believes in the existence of God.
2. Decry – To criticize something as bad, without value or unnecessary.
3. Debtor – One who owes money to another.
4. Decorum – Behaviour that is controlled, calm and polite.
5. Deluge – Anything that overwhelms like the flood.
6. Democracy – A system of government by the populations.
7. Destitution – Poverty so extreme that one lacks the means to provide for oneself.
8. Demography – Science of vital and social statistics.
9. Dermatologist – One who treat skin disease.
10. Despondent – In low spirits from loss of hope or courage.
11. Declamation – The action or art of declaiming.
12. Despotism – The exercise of absolute power, especially in a cruel and oppressive way.
13. Death-blow – A stroke with a hand or weapon that causes death.
14. Detenu – A person held in custody./A detainee.
15. Delible – Capable of being deleted.
16. Dialectical – Relating to the logical discussion of ideas and opinions.
17. Dialysis – The process of blood purification during the kidneys malfunction.
18. Dilemma – A situation in which a difficult choice has to be made between two or more alternatives, especially ones that are equally desirable.
19. Diminish – Make or become less.
20. Domicile – A place where one lives permanently.
21. Dorsal – On or relating to the upper side or back of an animal, plant or organ.
22. Dormitory – A large bedroom for a number of people in a school or institution.
23. Drawn – A game that results neither in victory nor in defeat.
- One word substitutions start with ‘A’
- One word substitutions start with ‘B’
- One word substitutions start with ‘C’
- One word substitutions start with ‘E’