In this post, we will discuss some important one word substitutions start with B for various competitive exams.
One word substitutions start with BDownload as pdf (one word substitutions start with B)
1. Bankrupt – One who can’t pay the debts.
2. Behead – Cut off the head.
3. Bibliophile – A great lover or collector of books.
4. Bellicose – One who is fond of fighting.
5. Biennial – Happening every second year.
6. Bigamy – Practice of having two wives or husbands.
7. Bigamist – One who has two wives or husbands.
8. Bigot – One who has narrow and prejudice religious views.
9. Bilingual – A person who speaks two languages.
10. Biped – Animal having two feet.
11. Bookworm – One who devotes a lot of time to reading and studying.
12. Brittle – Hard but liable to be easily broken.
13. Bullion – 99.5% pure form of gold or silver in the form of bars before using for manufacturing ornaments.
14. Bachelorhood – State of being unmarried.
15. Belligerents – Nations engaged in war.
16. Butcher – One who business to a slaughter cattle for food.
17. Barbarism – State of being uncivilized, ignorant or rude.
18. Ballad – A short narrative poem – adopted for writing and singing.
19. Ballistics – Science dealing with the motion of projectiles like rockets, bombs, and shells.
20. Benefactor – One who makes a request or endowment.
21. Benevolent – Kind hearted.
22. Bevy – Group of women larks.
23. Bifurcate – Divided into two branches.
24. Biota – The animal and plant life of a particular region, habitat or geological period.
25. Black binding – Kidnapping for selling into slavery.
26. Bolo – A large single-edged knife used in the Philippines.
- One word substitutions start with ‘A’
- One word substitutions start with ‘C’
- One word substitutions start with ‘D’
- One word substitutions start with ‘E