In this post, we will learn some important one word substitutions beginning with C for various competitive exams.
One word substitutions beginning with CDownload as pdf (one word substitutions start with C)
1. Canon – Church law body of principle
2. Cacophonous – Involving or producing a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds.
3. Cadaver – Dead body.
4. Caliber – The quality of someone’s character or the level of their ability./The internal diameter or bore of a gun barrel.
5. Cardinal – Of prime importance.
6. Caries – Decay and crumbling of a tooth or bone.
7. Calligraphy – Decorative handwriting.
8. Craniology – Describe the habits, merits, and demerits of a man by seeing his skull.
9. Cardiology – The branch of medicine that deals with disease and abnormalities of the heart.
10. Cardiograph – An instrument for tracing heart muscle activity.
12. Cardiac – Relating to the heart.
13. Carnivore – An animal that feeds on other animals.
14. Carnivorous – Animals feeding on other animals.
15. Catastrophe – An event causing great and usually sudden damage or suffering.
16. Carrion – The decaying flesh of dead animals.
17. Celibate – A person who restrain oneself from doing or enjoying something.
18. Centipede – An insect with many legs.
19. Chiromancy – The supposed prediction of a person’s future from palm reading.
20. Chronology – The arrangements of events or dates in the order of their occurrence.
21. Chronologer – A person who studied historical records to establish the dates of past events.
22. Classic – To be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind./A work of art of recognized and established value.
23. Clio – Greek muse of history
24. Cognomen – Surname or nickname.
25. Comatose – Relating to or in a state of coma.
26. Compensation – Something (money) awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering or injury.
27. Contemporary – A person or thing living or existing at the same time as another.
28. Continent – Any of the world’s main continuous expanses of land. (Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica)
29. Convalescence – The gradual recovery from illness.
30. Converge – The lines tend to meet at a point.
31. Cooper – A maker or repairer of casks and barrels.
32. Copyright – The exclusive and assignable legal right.
33. Coral reef – A ridge of rock in the sea formed by the growth and deposit of coral.
34. Cosmopolitan – One who is familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures.
35. Credulity – A tendency to be too ready to believe that something is real or true.
36. Creche – A nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.
37. Curator – A keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection.
38. Cloakroom – A room in a public building where outdoor clothes or luggage may be left.
39. Cynosure – A person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration.
40. Crusade – A vigorous campaign for political, social or religious change.
41. Cynic – A person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.
- One word substitutions start with ‘A’
- One word substitutions start with ‘B’
- One word substitutions start with ‘D’
- One word substitutions start with ‘E’