In this post, we will learn some important one word substitutions beginning with C for various competitive exams.
One word substitutions beginning with C
1. Canon – Church law body of principle
2. Cacophonous – Involving or producing a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds.
3. Cadaver – Dead body.
4. Caliber – The quality of someone’s character or the level of their ability./The internal diameter or bore of a gun barrel.
5. Cardinal – Of prime importance.
6. Caries – Decay and crumbling of a tooth or bone.
7. Calligraphy – Decorative handwriting.
8. Craniology – Describe the habits, merits, and demerits of a man by seeing his skull.
9. Cardiology – The branch of medicine that deals with disease and abnormalities of the heart.
10. Cardiograph – An instrument for tracing heart muscle activity.
12. Cardiac – Relating to the heart.
13. Carnivore – An animal that feeds on other animals.
14. Carnivorous – Animals feeding on other animals.
15. Catastrophe – An event causing great and usually sudden damage or suffering.
16. Carrion – The decaying flesh of dead animals.
17. Celibate – A person who restrain oneself from doing or enjoying something.
18. Centipede – An insect with many legs.
19. Chiromancy – The supposed prediction of a person’s future from palm reading.
20. Chronology – The arrangements of events or dates in the order of their occurrence.
21. Chronologer – A person who studied historical records to establish the dates of past events.
22. Classic – To be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind./A work of art of recognized and established value.
23. Clio – Greek muse of history
24. Cognomen – Surname or nickname.
25. Comatose – Relating to or in a state of coma.
26. Compensation – Something (money) awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering or injury.
27. Contemporary – A person or thing living or existing at the same time as another.
28. Continent – Any of the world’s main continuous expanses of land. (Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica)
29. Convalescence – The gradual recovery from illness.
30. Converge – The lines tend to meet at a point.
31. Cooper – A maker or repairer of casks and barrels.
32. Copyright – The exclusive and assignable legal right.
33. Coral reef – A ridge of rock in the sea formed by the growth and deposit of coral.
34. Cosmopolitan – One who is familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures.
35. Credulity – A tendency to be too ready to believe that something is real or true.
36. Creche – A nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.
37. Curator – A keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection.
38. Cloakroom – A room in a public building where outdoor clothes or luggage may be left.
39. Cynosure – A person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration.
40. Crusade – A vigorous campaign for political, social or religious change.
41. Cynic – A person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.
These are some important one word substitutions start with C, if you have any suggestions regarding this list, please comment in the comment box given below.
- One word substitutions start with ‘B’
- One word substitutions start with ‘D’
- One word substitutions start with ‘E’